Cameron Powell, Head Coach and Founder
The really short version of my career and educational background goes like this (in reverse chronology):
• Currently coaching and working on several different business models to be unveiled this year.
• Immediately prior: Senior VP Strategic Development and General Counsel at the latest start-up venture, Earth Class Mail. Also part-time coach.
• Founded Feroce Coaching and Hot Blue Coaching. Certified in business and executive coaching by the International Coach Academy. Brought great coaches aboard. Now teach the language of business planning and Internet presence to people from all walks of life who aspire to have the skills to bring their creativity to fruition in personalized businesses.
• Founded Virtuosity Consulting, providing business start-up, consulting, and executive coaching services. Clients and businesses have included Cat Whisperer consultant Mieshelle Nagelschneider; EarthClassMail.com, PriMotive (revolutionary electric motor), DomainsBot.com (domain name pioneers), RAINS (Regional Alliance for Infrastructure and Network security — promoting enhanced security against terrorism and natural disasters), Gourmet du Jour (private chef service), Determan Communications, Market Mechanix (search engine optimization and online affiliate marketing), Georgetown Capital (venture capital), 2young2retire.com, and others.
• Co-Founded Market Mechanix, an Internet marketing company specializing in online affiliate programs and search engine optimization
• Built up business start-ups SnapNames, a pioneering company in the domain name industry, and eLaw.com, which aggregated attorney work product online. In those start-up companies, I did the following:
o Business development and guerilla marketing
o Online affiliate programs
o Business plan creation and reformulation
o Venture capital fundraising
o Legal counsel
o Policy and lobbying (see U.S. Senate testimony and U.S. House of Representatives testimony)
o Co-founded and was columnist for a popular industry newsletter
• Associate Director and speaker on best practices for the Corporate Leadership Council, a division of the Corporate Executive Board consultancy, in Washington, D.C. In the United States, Canada, South America, New Zealand, and Australia, I coached executives in over 120 corporations on best practices dealing with:
o Leadership development
o Leadership succession planning
o Onboarding of new leaders
o Employee retention
o Strategic planning alignment
o Fomenting creativity
• Litigation and Intellectual Property attorney at the nation’s tenth-largest law firm, Foley & Lardner, and adjunct professor at the country’s top-ranked intellectual property law school, George Washington Law Center, both in Washington, D.C.
• Founded The Caedmon Agency, a literary agency. Washington, D.C.
• Accepted as a trial lawyer into the U.S. Department of Justice through the U.S. Attorney General’s Honor Program. Washington, D.C.
• Judicial clerk to a chief federal judge. Denver, CO.
• Harvard Law School. Class Marshal, honors. Cambridge, MA.
• University of Colorado at Boulder. B.S. in Business Administration (emphases in Finance and Human Resources). Valedictorian, summa cum laude. Boulder, CO.
• Rangely High School. Valedictorian. Football, wrestling, and track. Rangely, CO.
Interests, Hobbies, and So On:
Literature, writing fiction and non-fiction, hiking, skiing, trail-running, rock-climbing, mountain-climbing, dance (salsa, swing, Lindy, merengue, house and hip hop), travel (over 30 countries and 49 states), yoga, philosophy, comparative religion, psychology, metaphysics, history, politics, new technologies, business start-ups, foreign languages.
Turn back now. No, really. Or, if you insist, try the memoir version.