Executive and Life Coach LaVonne Dorsey
Life, Career, Executive, Leadership, Diversity
Feroce Coaching is pleased to have on board LaVonne Dorsey, a distinguished leadership and executive coach, life coach, career coach and diversity mentor. She offers pragmatic, compassionate, and honest coaching to individuals, groups, teams and organizations who want to make a commitment to themselves and to change their lives for the better. LaVonne’s clients realize their full potential by envisioning and verbalizing their dreams and goals, while taking small steps one at a time, transforming their lives towards a more vibrant, fulfilling future!
Find Fulfillment with LaVonne . . .
True Change: What most of us want and what a coach can help with. Do you recognize yourself in one or more of these scenarios?
- You have been successful but find yourself now seeking more balance/clarity.
- You have not received a job or the promotions that you desire.
- You see success in others and not yourself.
- Your life is busy, disorganized, overwhelming.
- You feel unhappy with relationships in your life.
- You want to make changes, but don’t know how or where to start.
- You may be sabotaging yourself, but can’t break old habits.
- You’re afraid to try, you’re afraid to fail, and you’re afraid of staying as you are—you’re not in control of your life anymore.
LaVonne’s Style: Life, Career, Executive Coach
LaVonne’s tenacity, drive, patience, integrity, and genuine spirit are her touchstones for helping others. She focuses on what is important to you, actively listens, and will guide you with a gentle and realistic perspective. Through each step taken, in grasping what the world has to offer, LaVonne will be by your side, unwavering, strong, and supportive as you make your way to a better life.
LaVonne specializes in career, life, and leadership and executive coaching, and in corporate environments she specializes in diversity and onboarding. She works with clients to:
- Identify – clarify career goals, personal goals and aspirations.
- Develop and maintain effective coaching plans with the client participant.
- Integrate and evaluate interpretations that help the client to gain awareness and to achieve agreed-upon results.
- Create individual development plans based on the job requirements and competencies at the next level.
- Create opportunities for ongoing learning, in work/life situations.
- Enhance Community and Team Building
To lead you must stand out. To stand out you must excel. As your Leadership Coach, LaVonne shows you methods and practices that will assist you in verbalizing your dreams and goals while overcoming obstacles to achieving them. With more than thirty years of academic, corporate and life experiences at her disposal, she is well-equipped to develop and extend your leadership potential, utilizing the following strategies:
- Identify, access and overcome the obstacles that are preventing you from being a great leader
- Learn and embrace the five exemplary skills of leadership
- Build stronger connections personally and professionally
- Learn to lead without fear
With these tools she demonstrates to you how to “show up,” and how doing so impacts others.
LaVonne’s approach to Career Coaching, reflecting twenty-five years in the corporate world (Microsoft, Nordstrom, Eddie Bauer) and extensive training at the Coach Training Alliance, the Business Consultants Network and the Academy of Coaching Excellence, can be summarized as follows:
- Assist you in finding a job/career that meshes with your skills and passions
- Develop a job search strategy that you can follow with success
- Help you have greater impact with others and greater influence on outcomes
- Show you new strategies for being effective at every level of the organization
- Build enhanced communication, relationship and trust-building skills
- Develop a higher level of creativity and innovation
Working to achieve these goals in the workplace will bring you not only greater career satisfaction, but also a more fulfilled life.
As a Life Coach, LaVonne may use inquiry, reflection, requests and discussion to help clients identify personal and/or relationship goals, develop strategies, relationships and action plans intended to achieve those goals. She provides a place for clients to be held accountable to themselves by monitoring the clients’ progress towards implementation of their action plans. Together they evolve and modify the plan to best suit the client’s needs and environmental relationships. LaVonne will often act as human mirrors for her clients by sharing outside and unbiased perspectives. She also may teach specific insights and skills to empower the client toward their goals. LaVonne works with clients to:
- Examine values and motivation
- Set measurable goals
- Define focused action plans
- Identify and remove blocks to achieve valuable and sustainable changes
- Create the life you desire
Create, build and sustain high functioning and trusting teams is important to the success of any organization and environment-Personal and professional. Outstanding teams have some specific things in common: they move through several important stages of development together, exhibit essential leadership, develop cooperative relationships, and demonstrate practices and behaviors that are focused on both accomplishing the tasks at hand and enhancing the team’s processes.
LaVonne will assist and support teams move through being stuck ” and are unable to move forward beyond challenges such as a lack of mutual understanding among team members, a lack of agreement, a lack of personal commitment, a lack of capability, or a lack of trust. Whatever the underlying cause LaVonne will move the team to have the appropriate conversations to get itself “unstuck”, address the challenges and obstacles in its way, and move forward through the stages of development.
LaVonne made significant contributions during her career in corporate America, at companies like Microsoft, Nordstrom, and Eddie Bauer. Her experience in training and development and diversity leadership give her a strong foundation for coaching and shaping senior management executives. She wore many hats in human resources management and she collaborated, led, and influenced global initiatives. Working alongside chief executives at Microsoft, LaVonne gained a bird’s eye view of the real pressures that go with leading a multi-billion dollar corporation. LaVonne harnesses a productive and practical perspective, which she references frequently when coaching her executive clientele.
Experience and Education
LaVonne brings over 30 years of academic, corporate, and practical life experiences into coaching. Her academic credentials include a B.A. in Psychology and Organizational Development, which she earned from the University of Washington. LaVonne completed her life coaching education from The Coach Training Alliance (CTA) where she became a Certified Coach and Mentor. Additionally, she is certified in Human Element FIRO B testing and analysis, which she achieved through the Business Consultants Network, Inc. LaVonne’s training also included the Empowering Life’s Energies and Mastering Life’s Energies program from the Academy of Coaching Excellence. She recently completed her Chaplaincy Certification
LaVonne has worked with clients at Bank of America, Microsoft, IBM, John L. Scott, Starbucks, Fujinon, Macy’s, Chrysler, Senator Murray’s office, Sandlot Games, M & R Strategic Services, GO-2-Girl Event Planning, Whole Foods, Starbucks, and JP Morgan/WAMU.
Cultures, people, and lifetime learning are just a few of LaVonne’s passions. With international travel ranging from Israel to Africa, India to New Zealand, LaVonne continues to gain insight on behaviors exercised across the globe. She has spent over 8 years developing and managing corporate diversity programs, including training and marketing focusing on employee inclusion and succession planning. LaVonne has served on a variety of boards and leadership counsels.
As a female in the corporate world, LaVonne has compiled over twenty-five years of practical expertise her role as Diversity Coach. Working alongside senior management on global initiatives, she has developed a set of pragmatic skills that she shares with minority clients. This business background is augmented with thorough education and training that has brought her standing as a Certified Coach and Mentor, with further certification in Human Element FIRO Testing and Analysis, and Empowering and Mastering Life Energies.
Here are some goals she can help you achieve:
- Improve cross-cultural communication
- Understand and value differences and align with similarities
- Confront your insecurities and turn them into strengths
Unmatched education and training combined with real-world experience — make her your Minority and Diversity Coaching resource.
LaVonne’s Mission and Guarantee:
- Work with clients to realize all of their potentials and ultimately lead to them to m maximizing their abilities and determine the path of their life.
- Work with clients to actualize their desire of becoming more and more what one is, to become everything that one is capable of becoming with the desire and motivation to achieve all budding ambitions.
- Help clients to find hope for themselves and for others so that they can make a difference in their lives and the lives of others — and therefore in the world
Hobbies and Interests
- Travel Rollerblading
- Working out/Weight training-Yoga
- Family time
A Recent Rave Review
”I am feeling really good about the path that you helped me get on….. couldn’t have done all this exploration/toe dipping without you! ”
“Thank you! I am grateful for having you in my life right now, inspiring me!! I needed this a long time ago . . .”