Career Coaching: Time to Reinvent Yourself?
Be Alert to the 15 Early Warning Signs of Career Trouble
Clients seeking career coaching come to Feroce with one or more of 15 typical challenges in mind, and we work with them all:
1. Post-Education. You’ve just finished your education and are entering or re-entering the world of careers, or you want to get started but need to acquire new skills through schooling — what next?
2. Stuck in Mid-Career. You’re feeling stuck and unfulfilled in mid-career, and see no way out. Learn more about career development.
3. Workaholic. You’re a workaholic employee, manager, or executive and you fear you’ll never be able to get off that treadmill. Learn more about getting career help or Career Life Coach: Rev Up Your Energy Level.
4. Business Owner. You own your own business and it’s become stagnant.
5. New Entrepreneur. You’ve just become an entrepreneur and you know you have a lot to learn about business, marketing, leadership, time management, or numerous other subjects.
6. Sales Veteran. You’re in sales and you want to level out the rollercoaster of peaks and valleys, and become more consistent, and more successful, through sales coaching.
7. Under-appreciated (But Want to Stay). You feel underappreciated and under-noticed given your qualifications and skills and you want to learn how to get noticed and get raises and get promoted.
8. Hero Complex. You’re stuck in the role of the hero or rescuer to everyone else’s assignments and you’re overwhelmed and personally unproductive.
9. Head in the Sand. You’ve mostly been ignoring signs that you or your business are in trouble, and you’ve been waiting for a miracle.
10. Sick of Billing. You’re a management consultant or attorney and are tired of the tyranny of the billable hour.
11. I’m a Leader — Now What? So now you’re managing people. It’s hard, isn’t it? We can be your secret weapon to lead with authenticity for maximum respect and effectiveness. Learn more about leadership coaching and team leaders.
12. Workplace Conflict and Disputes. We apply our extensive background in negotiation and strategy, and the win-win “Getting to Yes” principles taken from the Harvard Negotiation Project, to resolving tensions with others in your company. We can also offer assistance in resolving issues with the company itself before you consider an attorney.
13. Other Aspirations. You really want to do (and be) something else for a career, but you either don’t know what, or know and are fearful of making the change, or simply have convinced yourself a very different kind of job is impossible.
14. Life vs. Career Dissatisfaction. You are unhappy in life, but unsure what role your career plays in that grumbling dissatisfaction — and you want some guidance on finding out. Learn more about our life coaches.
15. Resistance, or Career and Its Discontents. You feel you’ve won the lottery every Friday afternoon — but the creeping dread of Monday ruins your Sundays. You’re often tired. You feel unmotivated. You feel stressed, resentful. Home life has become strained. You’re not getting enough exercise. You’re starting to wonder if it’s those extra few dollars your children and friends will later appreciate — or if they’ll someday say they’d rather have had a more present you…
How can Feroce help you with your career? What we do best is to draw out your true loves. Too many career advisors or career counselors focus only on your “skills” or “career aptitude”. This is a limiting approach. First of all, if you’ve been out of school for more than a few years, you already know what your skills are. What you don’t know is what your true loves are, and in many cases you don’t know how or where you can find the courage and support to pursue them. This is what coaching is all about. In addition to the coaching, we have the expertise to guide you through powerful career assessment tools.
Second, sometimes you do know what you really want to do, but you’ve got some underlying conflicts that cause you to deny or dismiss it, or are otherwise stuck. We are quite adept at rooting out these subconscious barriers; some clients call it intuition but we just say what makes sense. And finally, your current career skills are often not a source of fulfillment for you (why else would you be looking for a change?), and in many cases they may be what you are actively trying, in a sense, to move away from.
By becoming a Feroce career coaching client, you will also have access to our structured Strategic Life Planning tool, a “Who Am I, Really?” questionnaire specially constructed from our own experience and dozens of career-oriented books — let us save you the time and money of buying and wading through so many resources. We’ve got them in one place.
Our career coaches serve clients in Los Angeles, San Francisco and the Bay Area, Miami, Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis, St. Louis, New York City, Charlotte, Philadelphia, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Madison, Milwaukee, NYC, Washington D.C., San Diego, Denver, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Honolulu, Baltimore, Boston, Kansas City, Omaha, Las Vegas, Newark, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Portland, Pittsburgh, Nashville, Fort Worth, Salt Lake City, Seattle, San Jose, Phoenix, Tucson, Tampa, Olympia, Spokane, Tacoma, Palo Alto, Pasadena, Sacramento, Santa Monica, Greenwich, Hartford, New Haven, Albuquerque, Austin, Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Eugene, Salem, and many more!