Minority and Specialty Career Coaches
Feroce Coaching’s unique team approach means we can provide a coach for every occasion — including when a client wants to work with one of our minority and specialty career coaches:
- African-American career coach LaVonne Dorsey
- Asian-American career coach C.J. Liu
- IT Career Coach Rajeev Dujari
- or any of our women career coaches.
African-American Career Coach LaVonne Dorsey
LaVonne works with her clients to embrace change and jump start their careers. LaVonne will help you to go from the present into the future with empowerment, focus, ease and enthusiasm. You will learn how to enhance your communication skills, strengthen your leadership abilities, and create strategies for achieving your goals. Your focus will become clear; your path will become real. LaVonne’s background as Human Resources Program Manager, focusing on diversity and recruiting, has given her lots of experience and a deep understanding of the challenges that women, people with disabilities, and minorities may have in a corporate/professional environment as well as personally. LaVonne will work with you to develop the tools that will help you to be successful.
She works with clients to:
- Assess their transferable skills
- Identify – clarify career goals, personal goals and aspirations.
- After gaining clarity on where you want to go, create a clear map and career strategy for how to get there.
- Develop a job search strategy
- Optimize their resumes, CVs, and Bios
- Develop and maintain effective coaching plans with the client participant.
- Do corporate-savvy and networking
- Integrate and evaluate interpretations that help the client to gain awareness and to achieve agreed-upon results.
- Create individual development plans based on the job requirements and competencies at the next level.
- Develop strategies for on-boarding into their new company
- Create opportunities for ongoing learning, in work/life situations.
- Community and Team Building
- Understand how to use your time and resources to your greatest advantage
Asian-American Career Coach CJ Liu
C.J. Liu is a career coach who has worked with individuals, groups, teams, and organizations. As a former CFO and marketing and strategic consultant, she has over 20 years of business experience in a variety of industries and functional areas. Her extensive business background enables C.J. to quickly understand the breadth and depth of many career-related issues. Before joining Feroce Coaching, C.J. served as an in-house executive/business coach at Microsoft.
C.J.’s goal is for each client to feel alive as they make career choices that allow them to reach their full potential, follow their personal dreams and ambit
ions, and feel an inner sense of meaning and purpose. C.J. has an intuitive approach that is grounded in practicality, which means that she offers helpful tools, strategies and action plans, but also deep listening, cheerleading, and heartfelt support.
For professionals interested in career transitions, C.J. matches her approach to each person’s unique needs. This can result in a week-by-week determination of what to cover, or a more formalized structure. For those who enjoy some structure, C.J. offers a three-phase process.
- Phase I is about clarifying your interests, skills, and life goals outside of work, so that you can develop a clear vision of what you want in your next job and your life.
- Phase II helps you take your vision and construct a game plan and strategies to determine potential areas of interest.
- In Phase III, we focus your attention on one or two key areas and on a formal job search. During this phase, C.J. will review your resume, provide interviewing tips, and address any roadblocks that arise.
Rajeev Dujari — IT Executive Career Coach
I met Executive IT Career Coach Rajeev Dujari when he was advising my last VC-backed start-up, Earth Class Mail, and I then worked closely with him once he jumped the abyss from the Microsoft mothership to our much smaller, riskier craft. Rajeev is not only a fantastically smart and capable engineer and product manager, but he has a rare understanding of people and the relationships among them — a perfect combination for his work with IT executives.
Rajeev has first-hand experience in many different IT domains, has transitioned many between many different roles, and has evolved from technical go-getter to organizational leader to business executive. While all of the career coaches at Feroce will be able to help you unlock your IT career objectives and find the keys to success, Rajeev’s background will provide uniquely helpful perspective for planning continued success in your career.
Rajeev holds two degrees from MIT, a BS in Elec Eng and MS in Comp Sci. He launched his career at Microsoft, rising from entry-level Software Developer to Product Unit Manager. He made key technical and leadership contributions to high-stakes products including Windows (3.11, 95, 2000, XP), Internet Explorer (during the browser wars with Netscape), Exchange Server (2003), Office Live Meeting (2005, 2007) and Visual Studio (2008).
Some of his innovations resulted in his being named an inventor on 14 U.S. patents assigned to the Microsoft portfolio. He also honed his recruiting skills and was designated a mentor to a tightly controlled group of interviewers trusted to sign off on hires. “It was a whirlwind 15 years,” he says.
He diversified by investing in five technology start-ups, and later jumped to Earth Class Mail, starting as our first product manager (VP of Product) and then heading up our products group (SVP), both reporting directly to the CEO. Rajeev scoped the company’s first enterprise launch, initiated the company’s first electronic check deposit program, and then I saw his work intimately as we negotiated a strategic license to a multi-national postal and banking operator.
Our minority career coaches and specialty coaches serve clients in Los Angeles, San Francisco and the Bay Area, Miami, Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis, St. Louis, New York City, Charlotte, Philadelphia, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Madison, Milwaukee, NYC, Washington D.C., San Diego, Denver, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Honolulu, Baltimore, Boston, Kansas City, Omaha, Las Vegas, Newark, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Portland, Pittsburgh, Nashville, Fort Worth, Salt Lake City, Seattle, San Jose, Phoenix, Tucson, Tampa, Olympia, Spokane, Tacoma, Palo Alto, Pasadena, Sacramento, Santa Monica, Greenwich, Hartford, New Haven, Albuquerque, Austin, Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Eugene, Salem, and many more!