Minority Life Coaches and Specialty Coaches
Feroce Coaching’s unique team approach means we can provide a coach for every occasion — including when a client wants to work with one of our minority life coaches or specialty coaches who might just understand and empathize that extra little bit:
- African-American life coach LaVonne Dorsey
- African-American life coach Ahjamu Umi
- Asian-American life coach C.J. Liu
- Fabulous women life coaches
- Jewish life coaches
African-American Life Coach LaVonne Dorsey
Nelson Mandela summed up my approach to living and serving as a Life Coach when he said, “There is no passion to be found playing small — in settling for a life that is less than one is capable of living.” My job is to keep you from settling, to help you lead a life that reflects what you care about.
Cultures, people, and lifetime learning are just a few of my passions. With international travel ranging from Israel to Africa, India to New Zealand, I continue to gain insight on behaviors exercised across the globe. I have spent over 8 years developing and managing corporate diversity programs, including training and marketing focusing on employee inclusion and succession planning. I have served on a variety of boards and leadership counsels.
As an African-American female in the corporate world, I compiled over twenty-five years of practical expertise to inform my role as Minority Coach. Working alongside senior management on global initiatives, I developed a set of pragmatic skills that I share with minority clients. This business background is augmented with thorough education and training that has brought me standing as a Certified Coach and Mentor, with further certification in Human Element FIRO B Testing and Analysis, and Empowering and Mastering Life Energies.
Here are some goals I can help you achieve:
- Improve cross-cultural communication
- Understand and value differences and align with similarities
- Confront your insecurities and turn them into strengths
Unmatched education and training combined with real-world experience — make me your Minority and Diversity Coaching resource.
LaVonne brings to her life coaching over 30 years of academic, corporate, and practical life experiences. She has a B.A. in Psychology and Organizational Development and completed her life coaching education from The Coach Training Alliance (CTA) where she became a Certified Coach and Mentor. She is also certified in Human Element FIRO B testing and analysis. LaVonne’s training also included the Empowering Life’s Energies and Mastering Life’s Energies program from the Academy of Coaching Excellence. She recently completed her Chaplaincy Certification.
African-American Life Coach Ahjamu Umi
Coach Ahjamu rose from a poor inner-city environment to obtain a Masters in Economics from California State University, Sacramento. He has spent the last 15 years as an executive banker. He has traveled and lived in such diverse places as Ghana, Senegal, and Cuba, and he has helped implement and organize programs around self-sufficiency for people in those countries as well as inner-city neighborhoods throughout the U.S. He is a highly regarded public speaker and organizer. He has mentored dozens of inner city young men on working through adversity and channeling their energy into positive directions to make positive impacts on their lives.
He has also mentored many professional people within banking to move on to productive careers by helping them develop tools to navigate successfully through corporate culture and obstacles. He is a resource for parents and other people to learn necessary skills about how to work through life’s ever present obstacles.
Ahjamu has also successfully raised a daughter who recently graduated from college and he has played an active role in co-parenting a number of children (it takes a village to raise each of our children).
How do we overcome adversity to succeed in our lives?
The above quote by the great emancipator Frederick Douglass is clear enough, but much of the training we receive in life seems to teach us to believe that conflict will resolve itself without us intervening. Anyone who has ever dealt with a difficult colleague, manager, spouse, friend, neighbor, etc., knows this is never the case. Our problems don’t get resolved until we learn the necessary skills to resolve them. This requires an active role on our part to make this happen. My coaching helps you develop the following skills and abilities:
- Honesty and clarity in identifying your strengths and weaknesses. This permits you to understand and accept the areas you need to improve instead of being defensive about them. It also gives you confidence in the areas where you excel so that you can benefit from those strengths instead of allowing them be used against you.
- Learning how to establish and maintain healthy boundaries so that you know clearly when it’s time to stand up for yourself and how to do it in a healthy and productive manner that makes you gain confidence and feel better.
- Becoming better organized so you can improve your follow-up and gain credibility.
- Learning self assessment skills to make you a stronger person.
- Establishing and maintaining a center so that you have that foundation to confront the world we live in head-on.
- Learning the ability to say no, mean no, and not feel guilty about it.
- Establishing healthy relationships with your children that observe and respect parental roles and responsibilities.
The above points are essential tools for effectively maneuvering within any relationship, whether it’s personal or professional or both. It’s time to unleash that strong person inside you!! Are you ready? Ask for a free consultation with me now.
Asian-American Life Coach CJ Liu
Hi, I’m C.J. Liu and I coach individuals, groups, teams, and organizations. I am a whole life coach, which means I offer a unique blend of life and business coaching. I think you’ll find that I have a rare mix of business IQ and emotional intelligence (EQ). As a former CFO and strategic consultant, my 20 years of business, finance, and product development experience at Fortune 500 companies will serve you in two ways. First, the skill sets needed for good personal coaching and good business planning both involve setting clear goals, planning, and execution. Second, I have “real-life” business experience and a personal understanding of typical work issues.
On the home front, I am a working mother with two young boys. I teach classes on work-life balance at the University of Washington and Centerpoint Institute (in Seattle). Together with my husband, we have created equitable plans for sharing household responsibilities, and a family mission-values statement. This has been an extremely valuable tool that I share with interested clients. On the personal side, I am an active student of eastern philosophical wisdom and traditions.
At the end of our personal coaching together, I would like my clients to meet their career and personal goals, and at the same time to feel a greater sense of self-awareness and acceptance.
My Approach: I find that often that life doesn’t offer a clean separation between work and personal life, which is why I am a whole life coach. I offer a holistic approach that acknowledges that you are a whole being with a right and left brain. I will present you with tools, strategies, and a process to clarify and create a clear plan (work or non-work)…and I will provide heartfelt support, cheerleading, and empathetic dialogue to guide you or inspire you through road blocks that pop up along the way. Plus, I like to laugh and have fun because life is pretty amusing sometimes. C.J. Liu is a life coach who has worked with individuals, groups, teams, and organizations. As a former CFO and marketing and strategic consultant, she has over 20 years of business experience in a variety of industries and functional areas. Her extensive business background enables C.J. to quickly understand the breadth and depth of many life issues. Before joining Feroce Coaching, C.J. served as an in-house executive/business coach at Microsoft.
C.J.’s goal is for each client to feel alive as they make life choices that allow them to reach their full potential, follow their personal dreams and ambitions, and feel an inner sense of meaning and purpose. C.J. has an intuitive approach that is grounded in practicality, which means that she offers helpful tools, strategies and action plans, but also deep listening, cheerleading, and heartfelt support.
Women Life Coaches
Wanda Ropa – The Success Coach
Welcome to the first day of the next chapter of your life: your ideal life. As a Master’s level certified success coach from the College of Executive Coaching, I can help you navigate in the changing world around you. With over 25 years experience working with clients from all walks of life, I have identified what determines success and what holds you back. My specialty is helping people to get unstuck.
As the author of “3 Brains for Success,” I use a revolutionary new integrative approach calledThe Success Activation Model,™ along with our Strategic Life Planning Process: The Creation of the Future Self leveraging the latest research in neuroscience and psychology, and benchmarking best practices for achieving success and happiness at work, home, and play. With me as your personal guide, together we will identify the root cause of what is really going on. Then you can decide what you truly want to change and then easily create your strategic plan to get you in shape for success.
- Do you find yourself riding on the carousel of life? Riding round and round and still getting nowhere fast?
- Are you experiencing great starts on new goals and projects but lose interest or energy along the way?
- Are you confused or unclear about what to do next to achieve success and happiness?
- Is fear or anxiety holding you back?
- Are you trying to navigate without a strategic plan?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, coaching can help to get you back on track to creating the life you have always dreamed about but never thought possible.
There are many ways to fool yourself into thinking you’re making progress by keeping busy, generating lists, and checking them off. The truth of the matter is that if you’re spending a lot of time and energy starting new goals or new projects that never seem to go anywhere, or if you’re still unsure about your next steps, isn’t it time to shift gears and get on the road to getting the results you truly expect?
To jump-start your road to success, your free consultation will help you decide if coaching is right for you.
Once you have clarity, the decisions are easy. So, first and foremost, you will get clear about your true priorities and what needs to happen to accomplish them. I am extremely direct, honest, and yet very supportive in offering tools and resources that will easily shift you from being stuck to experiencing breakthroughs that will start to create movement with results. Working with coaching, we will begin to create your very own road map to success and happiness and help you reach your peak performance, as well as your highest potential.
During the collaborative coaching sessions, you will develop immediate action steps to:
- Achieve spontaneous relief with a fresh perspective
- Clearly identify solutions
- Establish and define priorities aligned with your core values
- Reframe your current situation into manageable segents
- Navigate and clear current obstacles
- Boost your confidence using easy tools
- Explore and enhance your creative intelligence with a creativity coach
- Start building the foundation to move toward creating your dream life
- Create deep and satisfying personal and social relationships
- Attract success in life, work, and business
- Experience life as easy, fun, and effortless
Life Coach Susan Epstein
I’m life coach Susan P. Epstein, LCSW, also a parent coach and family coach. I practiced psychotherapy for 23 years before becoming a coach, writer, and speaker.
I’m aware that as the pressure of our lives increases, more and more of us experience stress. Life Coaching with me is a partnership where challenge, exploration, discovery, support and accountability thrive to motivate you to create the personal and professional life you dream of.
What Life Coaching With Susan Can Help You With
- Making a career change
- Determining if your job is still right for you
- Balancing the demands of career and life
- Achieving your financial goals
- Enhancing personal relationships
- Finding your creativity
- Simplifying your life
- Identifying and overcoming self-limiting attitudes and behaviors
- Clarifying and articulating your dreams
Susan graduated from Clark University in Worcester, MA in 1980, where she earned her B.A. degree in Sociology and Spanish with a minor in Psychology. She’s worked with the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children and has an M.S.W. from the University of California at Berkeley School of Social Welfare. She is a licensed Clinical Social Worker in Connecticut and Rhode Island. Susan completed coach training in 2003 with the internationally accredited Coaches Training Institute.
Susan has worked and consulted at the Child & Family Agency of Southeastern, Connecticut, the Lawrence & Memorial Hospital, the Old Lyme Youth Service Bureau, Pfizer Global Research & Development, and United Behavioral Health, (a United Health Group affiliate). Susan is currently providing supervision and training to family therapists at Community Solutions Inc.
She is an active volunteer and committee member for the Groton Site Cove — a safe harbor for grieving children to come together with other grieving kids and their families to share their stories and feelings with others.
Holistic Life Coach Dr. Christina Winsey
I’m Christina Winsey-Rudd, D.C., L.M.T. (The “I Can” Doctor), a holistic and spiritual life coach, family coach, business and professional development coach, and a weight-loss coach. I practiced alternative medicine for 18 years, and taught Anatomy & Physiology, before becoming a coach and speaker. I have pursued extensive post-graduate education in alternative health coaching and related disciplines, including Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Silva Mind Control, Applied Kinesiology, Hypnosis, Pranic Healing, Emotional Freedom Technique, The Power to Influence, and Occupational Health and Safety for Chiropractic and Industry.
I’m an expert in what I call “Neuro-Integration” – teaching people how to solve and overcome challenges through combining cutting-edge, whole brain technology with “heart”, body, emotions and the laws of quantum physics.
I’m a graduate of the “Take Action Training” and am currently involved with the Thomas Leonard Method: Coachville Schools of Coaching. I am a Prosperity Partnership Certified Prosperity Guide, and have completed her Emotional Freedom Technique Certificate of Completion (EFT-CC). In 1998 I co-hosted a Sarasota, Florida coaching television show called “Focus on Holistic Health.” Beginning in August 2005 my business partner and I began co-hosting a one-hour, live, call-in coaching radio show called “Take It To The Top.”
>I’m Laura Svolos, a seminary-trained, Certified Professional Coach who works as a life, career, and spiritual coach. Whether you’re interested in greater wellness, personal or spiritual growth, or more abundance and professional success, my coaching can help you to transform your life in as short a time period as three months. My approach to coaching is both highly transformational and sustainable because I blend coaching with teaching and I work with you on internal and external levels. I integrate standard coaching techniques with principles of Eastern spiritual wisdom and metaphysical laws that I’ve studied over the past 15 years.
As your coach, I draw upon my training as well as my intuition, my communications background (two degrees from Northwestern University), and 22 years of professional experience spanning industries such as politics, entertainment, journalism, and not-for-profit. I am a holistic coach in the sense that I work with people in all areas of their lives, personal and professional. My passion is to help people break free from whatever may be holding them back from living the life they dream about but feel is out of reach.
Specifically, my coaching can help you to:
- Simplify your life and create more balance and freedom
- Discover what energizes and inspires you
- Create more wellness, harmony, contentment, and peace of mind
- Eliminate stress and anxiety through meditation and breathing techniques
- Attain more work/life balance through time-tested time management techniques
- Bridge the gap between a successful professional life and personal well-being (the two aren’t mutually exclusive!)
- Free yourself from fear, anger, or limiting beliefs that are blocking you
- Build your self-confidence and self-esteem
- Gain clarity about what’s most important to you at this stage of your life (your values) and align your values with your goals
- Learn how your Spirit and ego can work together to achieve your goals
- Create support structures to help you stay focused while will power waxes and wanes
- Integrate spiritual principles into your personal and professional life such as compassion, acceptance, detachment, forgiveness, gratitude, and contentment
- Learn how to attune to the laws of the universe including the law of attraction, the law of causation (karma), the law of correspondence, and others
- Resolve problematic situations or relationships at work or home harmoniously
- Navigate the transition to a more meaningful, fulfilling career — or to semi or full retirement
- Start and grow your own business
- Develop true security so you can enjoy your wealth rather than worry about losing it
- Discover your life purpose and regain your vitality and joy for living.
Life Coach Kate McNulty
I’m Kate McNulty, an Affiliated Life and Personal Coach of Feroce, and I coach individuals and organizations in achieving greater satisfaction and creativity. I’m a member of the Northwest Coaches Association. My approach includes an array of tools based in research from the behavioral and social sciences, combined with imaginative thinking and optimism. The breadth and depth of my professional training and life experience allow me to work in an extremely focused and efficient way, getting to the heart of your matters and yielding substantial results.
I have been helping people grow for over 25 years. I have been in private practice as a clinical social worker since 2000, and made the transition to coaching in 2003. I work with people on a variety on goals, including:
- refining social skills and emotional intelligence
- developing judgment and making well-informed decisions
- habit change toward increased health and wellness
- improving relationships with intimates, friends, family and colleagues
Jewish Life Coaches
Authentic Happiness Life Coach Morris Mann, Ph.D.
I am Morris Mann, an expert in Positive Psychology who applies those effective strategies to coaching you to move forward in your personal, family, and professional life.
Positive Psychology emphasizes well-being and what makes life work. The positive psychology movement has discovered the most effective strategies to: find success, develop strengths, live a happier life, be resilient in the face of adversity, and be empowered at work.
I have a Ph.D. in Psychology and am a successful lecturer, a psychology columnist in a national paper, and workshop leader on developing happiness and success in life.
Our life is precious and I work as your coaching partner to enhance your life. We work on short- and long-term goals while developing skills and tools to attain authentic happiness as an individual, a soul mate, a parent and a working professional.
See also Susan Epstein, LCSW, in the women’s section above.
Can’t choose? We know the feeling. We’ve learned how our specialty and minority life coaches work inside and out so we can make the best matches possible. Just tell us about your goals in detail when you ask for a FREE CONSULTATION.
Seize the Day: Get Your Free Coaching Consultation Now!
Our minority life coaches serve clients in Los Angeles, San Francisco and the Bay Area, Miami, Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis, St. Louis, New York City, Charlotte, Philadelphia, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Madison, Milwaukee, NYC, Washington D.C., San Diego, Denver, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Honolulu, Baltimore, Boston, Kansas City, Omaha, Las Vegas, Newark, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Portland, Pittsburgh, Nashville, Fort Worth, Salt Lake City, Seattle, San Jose, Phoenix, Tucson, Tampa, Olympia, Spokane, Tacoma, Palo Alto, Pasadena, Sacramento, Santa Monica, Greenwich, Hartford, New Haven, Albuquerque, Austin, Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Eugene, Salem, and many more!