Let Us Help You Create the Retirement You Deserve
Why, we’d even help you create a retirement better than you deserve, if that were possible. Boring retirements should be outlawed. How tragic, to work so hard and long only to let passion and excitement wither away, or to leave adventure and learning to others. If you’re alive, your lessons are not over. A retirement coach can help you plan the next act in your life or career — or both.
How Retirement Coaching Will Change . . . Your . . . Life
While many retirees have planned for their financial well-being, most have not planned for the non-financial aspects of their retirement lifestyle. They have not even considered the absolutely crucial questions that we and our clients answer every day:
- How will I spend my time when I’m no longer working full time?
- Will a retirement of full-time leisure satisfy me? And if not, what will?
- Do I want to work or do volunteer work? If so, how much do I want to work?
- How will I develop a new sense of identity and my feeling of status in the community without my job and my business card?
- How will I recreate the sense of purpose and meaning that my job gave me?2young2retire facilitator coach
- How will my relationships change? How will I replace the sense of connectedness and develop new relationships that my former work colleagues provided?
- What is my vision for my retirement?
If you have not given much thought to these questions, you are not alone. In fact, the 76 million U.S. baby boomers who are retiring or approaching retirement spend more time planning for a two-week vacation than they do planning for their 30+ years of retirement! But because older people are far healthier, wealthier and better educated than ever before, retirement opens them up to a whole new life phase of possibility, opportunity and personal growth.
For many people, retirement is only fulfilling when it can combine their existing talents with new dimensions of themselves that they now seek to express. We have helped hundreds of clients just like you with:
- Insight. Get in touch with who you’ve become over the years. Explore your values, your purpose, what motivates you, what you’ve enjoyed in your work and personal life and what you haven’t, your interests, skills, talents and knowledge. This knowledge will enable you to make empowered retirement choices.
- Applied Values. Evaluate the benefits of work, like the status it gives you, how it structures your time, a sense of usefulness, financial remuneration and social connections. You’ll discover how important each of these factors is for you and if and how you want to recreate them in your “new retirement”.
- Vision. Create a template of what you want your “dream” retirement to look like. How much leisure, work, volunteering, focus on health, family, relationships, spiritual well-being, learning and growth, and creativity do you want?
- Action Plans. Construct a plan to turn that “dream” into reality, and through our coaching relationship you will overcome fears and blocks that may limit you from taking the steps that will enable you to create what you really want.
What Happens in Retirement Coaching?
For genuine success in retirement, the first step is to re-examine who you are, who you have become over the years: your identity, your life purpose and your values. With this new self-understanding, you will approach this life transition with a strong personal foundation, more passion and greater self-knowledge to handle challenges – a powerful advantage over many of the more than 11,000 Americans and Canadians who turn 55 everyday and retire with varying degrees of boredom, isolation, regret, and murky purpose.
By supporting, encouraging, and motivating you, we will help keep you on track and hold your vision high even when it dims for you to enable you to achieve your goals. Together, we will empower you to plan for and create your own “dream” retirement filled with vitality, fulfillment and joy!
Don’t wait until you’re 70 and perhaps feeling lost and unfulfilled. Begin to create your “dream” retirement today! Take that first step and ask for a free telephone consultation with a caring and experienced coach.
Retirement Coach Cameron Powell
I’m the founder of, among others, Feroce Coaching, its sister site Hot Blue Coaching, and Charles River Recruiting. I coach executives, attorneys, business owners, artists, and others on raising their respective games to new levels, and on getting their lives and actions truly aligned with their stated goals and values. One of my gifts is that of clear and compelling communication — I am a coach and entrepreneur, adviser and consultant, lawyer, and writer (of fiction, primarily, but also of business plans and of a major non-fiction book to be published in 2011). I have also tried my hand at other communication-intensive efforts: literary agent, law professor, public speaker.
I bring to my clients the perspective and habits of mind of both the entrepreneur and the artist. I empower people to be and act and even work for themselves, artists of their own lives and work, and to that end I help them to begin to release fears and worries about the opinions of others even as they become better able to identify and escape their influence. You can’t operate at your highest ability if you’re filled with the values and passions of other people. (Besides, people who live or work for themselves, in service of their own passions, are simply happier than anyone else. Want to start your own business, at last? See our small business coaches!)
Consistent with these values, I also care enough about my clients not to impose on them a cookie-cutter system copied from a coaching school or franchise. Like all Feroce coaches, I customize my approach. I listen carefully on calls and hear things you don’t know you’re saying. I also engage with you between calls, via instant messenger, email, and text message . Using my analytical skills, a form of literary analysis, and my own instincts, throughout each week I listen and respond with detailed commentary on your thoughts as well as constructive suggestions. I like a lot of intellectual and emotional stimulation, so I can’t just do the boilerplate stuff. I want to walk with you through the transformational space of coaching.
Seize the Day: Get Your Free Coaching Consultation Now!
Our retirement coaches serve clients in New York City, Los Angeles, Miami and all of Florida, San Francisco and the Bay Area, Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Charlotte, Philadelphia, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Madison, Milwaukee, NYC, Washington D.C., San Diego, Denver, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Honolulu, Baltimore, Boston, Kansas City, Omaha, Las Vegas, Newark, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Portland, Pittsburgh, Nashville, Fort Worth, Salt Lake City, Seattle, San Jose, Phoenix, Tucson, Tampa, Olympia, Spokane, Tacoma, Palo Alto, Pasadena, Sacramento, Santa Monica, Greenwich, Hartford, New Haven, Albuquerque, Austin, Birmingham, Huntsville, Bend, Montgomery, Eugene, Salem, and many more!