Internet & e-commerce
I coach executives, attorneys, and business owners on raising their games to new levels. on how to truly get aligned with their stated goals and values. How do we do that together? I’m a certified coach, having received training from the International Coach Academy. More importantly, I’ve worked in many fields and have a wealth of experience, including numerous business start-ups, some of them venture- and angel-backed. I’m also a public speaker, published (and unpublished) writer, and consultant. My most recent project was to ghost-write, for my lovely wife, a book for Random House and three foreign publishers covering 80 countries. Whew!
Meet the Head Coach – Cameron Powell
I have worked as a lawyer, adjunct law professor, public speaker, leadership coach, entrepreneur, writer, and business consultant. I specialize in business and executive coaching — indeed, I do not attempt to coach full-time because at any given time I am starting up or running (or both) my own creative, fulfilling business endeavors.
I have a Juris Doctorate from Harvard Law School and a B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Colorado at Boulder. I bring a wealth of experience and aptitudes to the exciting and fulfilling work of coaching. The breadth of myFree Coaching Consultation experience and the training I’ve done ensure that you’ll get no cookie-cutter approach from me.
For fun, I read everything and am writing a series of four novels. I go trail-running in the #1 train-running town in America, hike, bike, ski downhill and cross-country, do yoga, seek out art and culture, and travel to my mother’s alma mater, Europe, and other countries.
I find that, more than in most fields, potential coaching clients care about the backgrounds of their prospective coaches. You want to know who I am as a person, oddly enough.
So I offer summaries of my background for two different levels of attention span and due diligence. In the short version, you’ll find career and educational information. In the longer version, you’ll be able to see in more detail what I’ve done and why I have perspective on many different facets of life and work — and how I’ve become a jack of many trades, master of several, and continually reinvented myself as I follow the paths that appeal to me. You’ll also see how ingeniously spectacular mistakes coupled with deep thoughtfulness about life planning are an ideal combination for a great life and career coach.
* Start with The Really Short Version, below.
* Go straight to the more idiosyncratic, less corporate The Considerably Longer Version
The really short version of my career and educational background might go like this (in reverse chronology):
• Immediately prior: Senior VP Strategic Development and General Counsel at my latest start-up venture, Earth Class Mail, and part-time coach.
• Currently working on several different business models to be unveiled in early 2010.
• Founded Feroce Coaching and Hot Blue Coaching. Certified in business and executive coaching by the International Coach Academy. Brought great coaches aboard. Now teach the language of business planning and Internet presence to people from all walks of life who aspire to have the skills to bring their creativity to fruition in personalized businesses.
• Founded Virtuosity Consulting, providing business start-up, consulting, and executive coaching services. Clients and businesses have included The Cat Whisperer, Mieshelle Nagelschneider; EarthClassMail.com (open your email anywhere and view (and discard or forward) your snail mail), PriMotive (revolutionary electric motor), DomainsBot.com (domain name pioneers), RAINS (Regional Alliance for Infrastructure and Network security — promoting enhanced security against terrorism and natural disasters), Gourmet du Jour (private chef service), Market Mechanix (search engine optimization and online affiliate marketing), Georgetown Capital (venture capital), 2young2retire.com, and others.
• Co-Founded Market Mechanix, an Internet marketing company specializing in online affiliate programs and search engine optimization
• Built up business start-ups SnapNames, a pioneering company in the domain name industry, and eLaw.com, which aggregated attorney work product online. In those start-up companies, I did the following
o Business development and guerilla marketing
o Online affiliate programs
o Business plan creation and reformulation
o Venture capital fundraising
o Legal counsel
o Policy and lobbying (see U.S. Senate testimony and U.S. House of Representatives testimony)
o Co-founded and was columnist for a popular industry newsletter
• Associate Director and speaker on best practices for the Corporate Leadership Council, a division of the Corporate Executive Board consultancy, in Washington, D.C. In the United States, Canada, South America, New Zealand, and Australia, I coached executives in over 120 corporations on best practices dealing with:
o Leadership development
o Leadership succession planning
o Onboarding of new leaders
o Employee retention
o e-commerce models
o Strategic and workforce implications of e-commerce
o Strategic planning alignment
o Leveraging IT
o Fomenting creativity
• Litigation and Intellectual Property attorney at the nation’s tenth-largest law firm, Foley & Lardner, and adjunct professor at the country’s top-ranked intellectual property law school, George Washington Law Center, both in Washington, D.C.
• Founded The Caedmon Agency, a literary agency (which we recently discovered is somehow still online). Washington, D.C.
• Accepted as a trial lawyer into the U.S. Department of Justice through the U.S. Attorney General’s Honor Program. Washington, D.C.
• Judicial clerk to a chief federal judge. Denver, CO.
• Harvard Law School. Class Marshal, honors. Cambridge, MA.
• University of Colorado at Boulder. B.S. in Business Administration (emphases in Finance and Human Resources). Valedictorian, summa cum laude. Boulder, CO.
• Rangely High School. Valedictorian. Football, wrestling, and track. Rangely, CO.
Interests, Hobbies, and So On:
Literature, writing fiction and non-fiction, hiking, skiing, rock-climbing, mountain-climbing, dance (salsa, swing, Lindy, merengue, pop), travel (over 30 countries and 49 states), weight conditioning, yoga, philosophy, psychology, metaphysics, history, politics, new technologies, business start-ups, foreign languages.
The best, top Success coaches online serve clients in Los Angeles, San Francisco
and the Bay Area, Miami, Chicago, Toronto, Detroit, Minneapolis, St. Louis,
New York City, Charlotte, Philadelphia, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio,
Madison, Milwaukee, NYC, Washington D.C., San Diego, Denver, Calgary,
Edmonton, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Honolulu, Baltimore, Boston, Montreal,
Kansas City, Omaha, Las Vegas, Newark, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus,
Dayton, Portland, Pittsburgh, Nashville, Fort Worth, Salt Lake City,
Seattle, Vancouver, San Jose, Phoenix, Tucson, Tampa, Olympia, Spokane,
Tacoma, Palo Alto, Pasadena, Sacramento, Santa Monica, Greenwich, Hartford,
New Haven, Albuquerque, Austin, Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Eugene,
Salem, and many more!